New Cougar Forum banner

I GOT A KIT...

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  NECOPhenix 
#1 ·
IT'S GONNA GET PAINTED IN ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS...WHAT DO YOU THINK...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Where did the kit come from? Every kit I have ever heard of has fit horribly.
That's extremely misleading... the Razzi, Visteon and WW kits very rarely need to be tooled to fit - many people have simply had the pieces painted, and then install them in their driveway. It is the drift kit and some others that need some fitment, but it's hit and miss.

G
#6 ·
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Where did the kit come from? Every kit I have ever heard of has fit horribly.
That's extremely misleading... the Razzi, Visteon and WW kits very rarely need to be tooled to fit - many people have simply had the pieces painted, and then install them in their driveway. It is the drift kit and some others that need some fitment, but it's hit and miss.
he probably just meant the Z kit.

#10 ·
Originally posted by: CougarKat
I hope you dont drive her like that for 2-3 weeks
I was just gonna say, if your going to be painting it in 2-3 weeks then you should not put it on your car until it's painted. Everytime I see a car w/ a primered body kit I think to myself.. this person didnt have enough money to paint their kit, they should of just left it off their car, it would of looked better that way..

Edit: holy jesus christ! wtf is that wing u got back there? damn man.. if your gonna sport that ugly ass thing, at LEAST put some end tips on it..

#12 ·
damn aother person with the same setup as me

i have the mr-7s and dragon z kit and some does another person but the other 2 are the same color at least yours is silver and not red
but me and that other persons dont got the huge wing

#14 ·
Originally posted by: Red2KCougar
Originally posted by: CougarKat
I hope you dont drive her like that for 2-3 weeks
I was just gonna say, if your going to be painting it in 2-3 weeks then you should not put it on your car until it's painted. Everytime I see a car w/ a primered body kit I think to myself.. this person didnt have enough money to paint their kit, they should of just left it off their car, it would of looked better that way..
I read somewhere that its actually better to put install it before painting so the parts adjust to your car, such as if there is any type of flexing going on or cracks or any thing of that sort. It would suck to paint it, then put it on and have the paint get ruined after a couple days because of flexing of the bumper or whatever...

#16 ·
I read somewhere that its actually better to put install it before painting so the parts adjust to your car, such as if there is any type of flexing going on or cracks or any thing of that sort. It would suck to paint it, then put it on and have the paint get ruined after a couple days because of flexing of the bumper or whatever...
You are correct. Often with fiberglass parts there may be air pockets or hairline cracks in or under the gelcoat that are not noticeable out of the box. This is the reason all parts should be prefit and I reccomend driving with them for a week or two. All project cars I build that have fully molded kits with flares, vents etc I return to the customer to drive for 2 weeks in primer before we paint the car. This tests the body work for strength and in real world conditions. It's much better to paint once.

#17 ·
Originally posted by: Crispy
thats for fiberglass parts only ;)
We're on the same wavelength ;)

#21 ·
Originally posted by: Crispy
get over it.. you'll never be original here unless you have an unlimited amount of cash which will put you ahead of the rest if the pack... I learned earlier this year that whining about someone copying you will just backfire in your face.
didnt say one word about orginally

all i say is another person with the same setup as me

i guatree(sp?) that this kid and the other kid never saw a cougar with that setup but did it on there own

#22 ·
The Wing - it's different...never really seen a cougar set up like that... - it's decent...nobody else is ridin like that

The Kit - it's sweet...i don't have a kit at all so I'm jealous...i still have 9300 left on my loan....ya'll are lucky to be doin this ****, i'm jealous of everyone on here...i still love my car and my few mods though..it's a very nice styled car in its own original respect.

Sidemarkers...haha...i'd atleast go clear...if you are spending the money on a body kit and paint...might as well spend 30 bucks w/ james.

nice car all around! nice style man

#24 ·
Caps lock key should be your next purchase.

#25 ·
I hear the Roush springs are pretty good, there's a set on ebay right now for $120

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.