New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No...I took the car to ZEN Motorsports...They said the kit had a really good fitment...it only took about 3 hrs.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Where did the kit come from? Every kit I have ever heard of has fit horribly.
That's extremely misleading... the Razzi, Visteon and WW kits very rarely need to be tooled to fit - many people have simply had the pieces painted, and then install them in their driveway. It is the drift kit and some others that need some fitment, but it's hit and miss.

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Where did the kit come from? Every kit I have ever heard of has fit horribly.
That's extremely misleading... the Razzi, Visteon and WW kits very rarely need to be tooled to fit - many people have simply had the pieces painted, and then install them in their driveway. It is the drift kit and some others that need some fitment, but it's hit and miss.
he probably just meant the Z kit.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarKat
I hope you dont drive her like that for 2-3 weeks
I was just gonna say, if your going to be painting it in 2-3 weeks then you should not put it on your car until it's painted. Everytime I see a car w/ a primered body kit I think to myself.. this person didnt have enough money to paint their kit, they should of just left it off their car, it would of looked better that way..

Edit: holy jesus christ! wtf is that wing u got back there? damn man.. if your gonna sport that ugly ass thing, at LEAST put some end tips on it..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
actually to me it looks like the side skirts have a few gaps and the passenger side fender/bumper area is misaligned... perhaps its the angle of the pics but if not get them to refit that better...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
damn aother person with the same setup as me

i have the mr-7s and dragon z kit and some does another person but the other 2 are the same color at least yours is silver and not red
but me and that other persons dont got the huge wing

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
get over it.. you'll never be original here unless you have an unlimited amount of cash which will put you ahead of the rest if the pack... I learned earlier this year that whining about someone copying you will just backfire in your face.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: Red2KCougar
Originally posted by: CougarKat
I hope you dont drive her like that for 2-3 weeks
I was just gonna say, if your going to be painting it in 2-3 weeks then you should not put it on your car until it's painted. Everytime I see a car w/ a primered body kit I think to myself.. this person didnt have enough money to paint their kit, they should of just left it off their car, it would of looked better that way..
I read somewhere that its actually better to put install it before painting so the parts adjust to your car, such as if there is any type of flexing going on or cracks or any thing of that sort. It would suck to paint it, then put it on and have the paint get ruined after a couple days because of flexing of the bumper or whatever...

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I read somewhere that its actually better to put install it before painting so the parts adjust to your car, such as if there is any type of flexing going on or cracks or any thing of that sort. It would suck to paint it, then put it on and have the paint get ruined after a couple days because of flexing of the bumper or whatever...
You are correct. Often with fiberglass parts there may be air pockets or hairline cracks in or under the gelcoat that are not noticeable out of the box. This is the reason all parts should be prefit and I reccomend driving with them for a week or two. All project cars I build that have fully molded kits with flares, vents etc I return to the customer to drive for 2 weeks in primer before we paint the car. This tests the body work for strength and in real world conditions. It's much better to paint once.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: Crispy
thats for fiberglass parts only ;)
We're on the same wavelength ;)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
looks good, but im not diggin the wing, the stock side markers, or the wheel gap. but im sure it will all pull together in good time. keep it up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts