New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I take off (I have an ATX), I can not spin the tires. I heard that the computer stalls the engine because of traction control or something like that. Is there anyway to disengage the traction control w/o buying one of those superchips or something? Thanks ahead of time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn off traction control, turn off heat/ac, radio, turn over drive off. Hold down the brake and have the pedal to the floor then let out brake should spin a bit. Mine sorta do but i got a few mods they will more after my next one i hope....hehe

·
Registered
604 Posts
IF you have traction control then there is a button above the radio (in the row of four switches which has the rear defroster switch) that looks like a tire with some stuff flying out from under it. Press it. The light on the button comes on. Traction control is OFF when the light is ON (makes sense, huh?). Traction control comes back on when you press the button again or when you turn the car off and back on. (So it always defaults to traction control on when you first start the car.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts