New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, I work away from home Monday to Friday and I am to impatiant to wait until Friday to find out the answers.

Is there a light in the glove box?
The dial that you use to adjust the brightness of the clocks....is it supposed to light up at night like all the other switches/dials etc?

There you go...simple as that.....

:grouphug:

K

·
0 Posts
There is a light in the glove box, you need the side lights/head lights on for the glove box light to be activated.
The dial for the Instrument cluster brightness, the little bar next to it lights up.

I hope this helps mate, maybe you will get some sleep tonight.:)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies guys......just been looking at UKRPG's icon...just wondering if the leads on my laptop will reach to the Gents.
:bowdown:

Had my first "proper" drive in the Cat since my Gold Armani springs were fitted by Michael Schumachers own personal pit crew....and the ride isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The only concern is the suspension was bottoming out at times...for instance going over a dip in the road at 80 - 90mph and you could hear and feel the suspension hitting it's stops.
Just wondering if anyone else suffers from this?

And don't reply with "Drive slower"....

:grin

U

·
0 Posts
Hi Shagmonkey - get a battery pack.

In relation to springs , the big thing I've noticed as a bit of a downer is on motorways you feel every little bump and it gives you the opinion that all road surfaces are crap!! I guess its worst here as the springs are progressive

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But 98% of roads in this country ARE crap ! :biggrin:

BTW, Power isn't an issue, remaining connected to the internet is. I work for IBM so don't expect me to have any fancy "mobile technology" stuff. Heck, my laptop doesn't even have a DVD player!!!

:shrug:

J

·
0 Posts
Shagmonkey do you know if the garage cut the bump stops the same amount as you had the car lowered ?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea what you are talking about...sorry...I am not knowledgable in that area. I had no idea you had to trim bump stops etc. The only thing I know about bump stops is that you can buy upgraded ones (stronger)...and that is it....or have I lost you, me and everyone under the sun? :shrug:

As for the garage doing it...I doubt it....if they had of done, then my bill would probably have been over £400 knowing them !

:cry:

J

·
0 Posts
The guy who did my springs on the last car cut 40mm off the bump stops to prevent it
bottoming out.It still did it now and then but not as much as it would have done if the stops had not been cut.
I dont know much about it either thats why i got somebody else to do it :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts