New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i was driving and was being stupid and forgot to shift outta first and i blew a headgasket. there is oil in the coolant tank and is like blue and green color. I have no idea where the headgasket is or how to flush the coolant tank. WHAT DO I DO???

·
Registered
691 Posts
thats kind of a big deal there guy. easiest way is to pull the motor and replace the gasket. but if you are going to go and pull the motor, you might as well drop in a 3L! but thats just me.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
okay...what are your symptons, is the vehicle even acting differently? it could just need a coolant flush, my shiz was haggard lookin before my 3l...lol

these engines are extensively high rpm tested for amounts of time that you would say !DAMN! over...

so did something happen? noises, driveability wise, anything?

Scuba

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the coolant was nasty and i had it flushed but the oil came back. there is no foamy or white stuff in the oil and the levels arent high, no coolant in the spark plugs either. IDK WHAT IS WRONG BUT ITS ANNOYING. its also losing power above 4,500rpms and i kno its not the IMRC cuz i just had it replaced

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
well if you just had your imrc replaced that may be the problem, you need to pop your hood and rev it up and PHYSICALLY WATCH your linkage move on BOTH banks, watch the little thick paper clip lookin thing, look at the white tabs, make sure the paper clip thingy is inserted into the white thing, again on BOTH heads....do that, and well go from there.

Scuba

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
well the coolant was nasty and i had it flushed but the oil came back. there is no foamy or white stuff in the oil and the levels arent high, no coolant in the spark plugs either. IDK WHAT IS WRONG BUT ITS ANNOYING. its also losing power above 4,500rpms and i kno its not the IMRC cuz i just had it replaced
also, coolant always seems to look haggard as fug in these cars...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts