New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry about that-I hit enter-

I need to figure out how to take off the carpeting on the trunk itself. Underneth there are a bunch of snap type screws, and I tried prying them up with a blade screwdriver and broke 2 and decided to stop. Does anyone have any advise as to how to get these things off without breaking every one of them? Thanks.

EZ

·
Registered
799 Posts
i dont know if this is the screw that you are talking about or not, but most of the ones in the trunk need the inside bit pulled up a bit first.

if you get a small screwdriver or exacto knife, pull the little circle part of the inside plastic piece up, and then just pull the whole plastice screw up

.....its hard to desribe...sorry!:shrug:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that is the piece that i am talking about- i was able to get them up- but when i tried to remove them the outer circle thing broke every time.

any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
if you broke out the center, then you might want to get a very small flat head screwdriver , pry it out., thats the only way i see it comming out

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
most auto part stores actually carry thoses "plugs"... they are pretty cheap too

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Its ok, at least your trunk liner has all those little things... my trunk was missing most of them from the factory... Now I'll have to go to the store and look them up....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts