New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I broke my HVAC LCD (which shows the temp) yesterday and now I'm looking for a cheap solution how to fix it. I called my local ford dealer but they want €350 for that ! :mad:
Does anybody know if I can use a simple 2 character LCD to replace the old one? I know the small degree sign and the A/C signal would be lost but I don't have €350!

Tom

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
Actually, he's from Germany so he has the ever-so-nice climate control module the European market got.

Your best bet is to either check Ebay, or contact James (projectcougar) to see if he still has his when he was thinking of doing the conversion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help.
I'll try to find a module from an Mondeo. I think it should work. Maybe I will find a ceap one at a junkyard. I don't wanna spend 350 bucks just cuz the lcd is broke.

Bye,
Tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a digital camera at home so I don't have any pics of it. But I'll post them when I got a camera. The only thing you can see is the 3 segments of the right digit forming a 7. All other segments are no longer working. I've checked fordpartsonline to see if I can get it cheaper there but they offer three different sets of controls:
- HEATER CONTROL, Cougar, w/o AC $39.56
- HEATER CONTROL, Cougar, w/AC, w/o ATC $35.18
- HEATER CONTROL, Cougar, w/AC, w/ATC $416.98
Can anybody tell me which one I need? I have the 99 2.5L V6 model with a/c. I defenitely need one of the last two but w/ ATC or w/o?

Bye,
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts