New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up Drag DR2 18" wheels tomorrow afternoon. I had to have them custom drilled, and thought that was all that I needed to have done. I've seen a few posts about hub rings but still am not sure what they are/do. Will I need them for these rims, and what will happen if I don't have em? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
A hub ring is a little plastic ring that goes on the inside of the rim. It helps distribute the weight off the bolts, and onto the axle. By not having them, you would run the risk of your bolts breaking. It would kinda suck to lose a wheel on the freeway! Your local tire shop probably wont stock them, but you can usually order the right size. And they're not that expensive either. I think like $20.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Zex. Are hub rings necessary for all not stock rims? I only ask because I talked to the guy who ordered the rims for me, and he said that I did not need them.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Who did you order your Drag Wheels from? I ask b\c I group buy them on here and have a distributer in Cali who works with them directly.

Also ALL Drag Wheel rims need hub rings for our car. They are a 73mm bore..therefore you need a 63.5 mm hub ring. But a 63.7 or 63.9 hub ring would do just fine. They can be bought for $15.

Also if you don;t mind me asking..what was the total after the custom drilling..pm me if you wish. I ask b\c only 17's are pre-drilled fro us and was wondering what a custom job would be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PM'd ya, Iceotron. Thanks. And to everyone, where can I pick up hubrings?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.