New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in charge of picking the menu with the hotel staff for the past 3 events at Indy (HCKC 2003 - CF 2004 - CF 2005)

anyways what did you guys think of the food this year? Last year there were some complaints about the food so I attempted to improve upon that this year.. We had the buffet at an earlier timeline so we could afford the more expensive menu items at a discounted rate which resulted in about the same costs as last year. I tried to pick items that would be pleasing to the majority of not all of the people in attendance.

last year I remember fighting with some people for the last bit of meat to make a sandwich from the damned Atkins people and their no carb diets.

I personally thought the majority of the food was excellent.. I ate like a pig... the sliced beef in au jus was sorta boring though..

thoughts or suggestions for 06?

and before anyone asks I need to state that we are contracted for a banquet with the hotel using their catering company so we cannot simply fry out in the parking lot or everyone bring a dish to pass. We are contracted per head plus tax and tip and have to turn in accurate counts 48 hours prior to the event.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Crispy, I thought the food was night and day compared to last year. Seriouslly, I felt everything had been stepped up largely and the preparation of the food was superior to anywhere Ive been with banquet style dining. The Roast Beef was decent, not alot of flavor, but overall I still felt that was excellent. The fact that it was hot food, with PLENTY of it, and several selections for every category, made it easy for EVERYONE to like something. The deserts were A+++++, and well, overall after 4 fests and 1 HardCoreKittyConvention, that was the best yet!!
Good work!! oh yea, and your car is simply going to be amazing, I wouldnt change anything!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
This was my first Fest, but, I have been to several banquets...the food at the fest was excellent...better than I had anticipated. I didnt try the chicken, but the beef was above average for a banquet. And the veggies were good. There was PLENTY of food. THe dining room was very nice, too. I think it was all a winner.

--george

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so I wasn't the only person to eat 2 pieces of pie? :rofl: I was eating peach and apple side by side trying to find out which was better.. it was a tie.. haha.. I figured "assorted dessert table" meant that it was brownies or some mystery cake.. man, was I wrong.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I loved the fried chicken... gotta love those legs. Oh and those potatoes were the bomb. it was much better then last yr so you did a good job Chris. 2 thumbs up to you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
The food was great:thumbsup: Much better than last year.
Chicken was nice and juicy, i didn't try the beef though. Those potatoes were godly, i loved those things! Dessert was excellent. All in all the food this year was just damn good. I'd say you did mighty good Crispy.

·
Premium Member
10,877 Posts
i thought the chicken and beef were both very good.
the potatos were pretty good and i'm not even a huge fan of potatos!
the canteloupe owned. i could die happy if i had a truckload of canteloupe.
the rolls were good!
the chocolate cake was good!
the salad was good!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Ya, I loved the potatoes too! Much better all around this year! :thumbsup:

E1

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I thought the food was just fine. Been to alot of weddings / banquets lately ... ive had better but i think they were paying ungodly ammounts per head ;)

didnt try the deserts... i planned on consuming calories in liquid forms later :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I thought the food was great and those potatoes were the bomb:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Same Here!! AMAZING food! I LOVED the Chicken, LOVED the Beef, and LOOOOVVEED the Potatoes! I actually snuck an extra plate into my room just before they took the food away!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I didn't eat anything because I had been so friggin exhausted and tired from helping kenny and his friend do cold air intakes until 6 that morning. From what I could see though it all looked delicious and everyone look like they enjoyed the food and the potatoes were a hit for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.