New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upper Intake removal (with pics)...

This is practically the same removal on the Contour board, but taken straight from the Ford Service CD with diagrams.

I hope to replace my coil pack and clean my UIM. So I'll put up actual photos of it removed.

<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.skolenimation.com/misc/cougar/UIM-Removal.doc" target=blank>UIM How-To</a>

Fixed the link. It needs MS Word to open. And because of the intergrated images in the doc it takes a moment to open, so it may seem like it's frozen.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
RE:Upper Intake removal (with pics)...

very nice. I've been wanting to clean my UIM for a while now because I hear it can get gunked up and affect performance. Now that I know where everything is that I have to disconnect, I think I'll do it this week. :)

Mike

·
Registered
892 Posts

a couple questions...

1how can one be for sure what type of fuel return one has?

2 where is step 6 located?

3 is the air cleaner the air intake system?

may be dumb questions but so be it

andrew

·
Registered
408 Posts

Originally posted by: JScullin
This is practically the same removal on the Contour board, but taken straight from the Ford Service CD with diagrams.
Question,

Are the Ford Service CDs available to us or only to those in the business? If available, can you recommend a source and, what does this cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
very nice. I've been wanting to clean my UIM for a while now because I hear it can get gunked up and affect performance. Now that I know where everything is that I have to disconnect, I think I'll do it this week. :)

Mike

I had to take mine off last night to get to the fuel pressure regulator. It was really dirty inside. There was a black, gooey build up inside all the ports. I think I'm going to take it apart this weekend and clean it out. I can definitely see how this could reduce air flow! One thing on taking the UIM off... All of the things that you need to disconnect are pretty obvious, but make sure that you take off the hose that is clamped to the bottom side of the UIM. Last night I missed this hose, and snapped the plastic splitter piece in half that it connected up to! Thank god for super glue... Good as new!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Step 1 - Where is the ACL

Step 3 - Where is the pulley / shield

Step 5 - How do I know if my car is returnless (I have a 2000)

·
Registered
767 Posts
This download isn't working for me...it won't open within IE, and downloading the file to my desktop and trying to open it with Microsoft Word is also giving me an error. Am I the only one, or has something gone wrong with this file?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.