New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if it is possible to tint plexi-glass? and how is it done? I don't need it to be dark, just not clear...thanx

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
i would assume that it would be just like tinting glass.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does anyone know where I could be able to get a small amount of tinting material? like 8 inch by 6 inch?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just go down to autozone, pepboys, whatever...and buy a $10 roll of tint that you like, cut the piece out, and if you mess up, you'll have a bunch extra to play with.

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: MasterD
The easiest way to do this is by going down to a plastic store and buying tinted plexi. I tried to tint some plexi and it was a pain in my [email protected]@, but I found that I could buy tinted plexi that looks great!!
That would be the easiest way to do it and cheaper as well.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Originally posted by: LostRacer
Originally posted by: MasterD
The easiest way to do this is by going down to a plastic store and buying tinted plexi. I tried to tint some plexi and it was a pain in my [email protected]@, but I found that I could buy tinted plexi that looks great!!
That would be the easiest way to do it and cheaper as well.
I don't know if it would necessarily be cheaper. Plexi-glass get's to the pricey level when you need specialized things.

You may also try Night Shading it? Look into the tinted glass and see if it's in the price range you want first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.