New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Talk about the blind leading the blind. I'm not exactly sure how to take it off, but I'd be damn careful poking and prodding at the steering wheel. And hey kid, watch your [censored]ing mouth, I don't know what's so "gay" about the emblem, but go take your narrow-mindedness elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
now now everybody calm down...

But in all honesty its gonna look WORSE with out it... and as for trying to put a picture under it, highly doubtfully you can remove the emblem and keep the plastic jewel in good shape. Your gonna have a flat blank circle in the middle of your steering wheel if ya try. Im 90% sure the texture doesn't carry across. And yes be careful theres an airbag behind that ... hate to think of what would happen if it deployed WHILE you got a screwdriver or worse a knife of some sort between you and it.

And you might not wanna throw gay or other insults around so easily, you'll just get flamed back like ya just did.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
PM nemesis he did it. Just pops off. It kind of looks odd without it though IMO

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
Originally posted by: sidkid
mine looks really beat up and i was thinking about taking it off and getting a new one

so it is a good question
iirc the dealer does not sell them seperately from the airbag itself, atleast thats what they told me when i wanted to replace mine.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: silvacouga
i dont have any pictures of my mom that will fit
No cameras big enough to fit all of her ass into the picture?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Is it me, or does it sound like he was actually entertaining the idea?

·
Registered
163 Posts
by the way yea the dealers wont get a new one for you, but iam sure if you go into the wrecker's and find a front end collision cougar... A 95% chances the air bag is deployed and removal of peice is that much easyer. B if not .... its at the wrecker's have a awsome time deploying an air bag for fun :D and C they will sell any thing for money :D

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: CodersCougar
by the way yea the dealers wont get a new one for you, but iam sure if you go into the recors and find a front end collision cougar... A 95% chances the air bag is deployed and removal of peice is that much easyer. B if not .... its at the recors have a awsome time deploying an air bag for fun :D and C they will sell any thing for money :D
I'm going to assume that by "recors" you mean "wrecker's", by which you mean "junkyard". For the love of god, thats not even a typo, thats just a completely made up word!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Shh!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Once you get that sob off You are gonna have a hell of a time gettin it back in all the way. When i replaced my airbags (hit a ditch goin way to fast) i tried to switch em cause the one i got from the junk yard was all smashed, well there are four tabs on em that hold em in and are easily taken off from one thats been deployed. But gettin the tabs in and able to stay in is a different story..... cut em and glue it in

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyer
Drive your car into a wall at 60, I'm sure you'll get it off that way!:rofl:
If you drive into a wall in reverse, I'm sure you'll get it off without ruining a perfectly good airbag!:rofl:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Ok, you can remove it carefully by gently prying it up. There are 4 tabs on the logo that are folded behind the airbag cover. So you basically have to gently pull the emblem up without ripping the plastic airbag cover. If the emblem isn't damaged now, it will be when you attempt to remove it.

With it off, the airbag looks stupid. You will see a plain, flat, round dent in your airbag cover...with 4 small tab slots.

Mine was dented, so I found a good condition emblem from a wrecked Cougar, pulled mine off and used a small dab of silicone to "glue" the new emblem on.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
At last, Fett injects some sense into the discussion. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.