New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a how to for the removal of the A Pillars, i used search already and came up with nothing, anyone know how?? Did i miss something. Thanks all.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
are you serious? no offese but just pull them out of the clips.... underneath the hanger knob there is a screw and underneath the rear seatbelt shoulder harness there is a bolt... don't be afraid to start ripping your car apart... most of the time if you just gently pry and look behind you can figure everything out...

the A-Pillars will take you like 10 minutes tops to pull out....

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Not to be rude, but he wants to know how to remove THE "A" pillars. What I think you're describing is how to remove the "B" pillars.

A PILLARS = WINDSHIELD PILLARS
B PILLARS = DOOR (just behind the window) PILLARS
C PILLARS = REAR QUARTER PANEL PILLARS

I do agree though, removal of the pillars is extremely simple...just pull the plastic covers away from the clips. Be careful though...dont break the pillars or the clips!

Charles

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
actually according to that little how-to I described your A B and C... I had to remove em to take down the headliner.. but anyways its like 6th grade project easy... :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Crispy, seeing as your the paint goddess I have a question or 2,3,4 for ya. How easy is it to replace the headliner? To take apart the dash for painting, along with doors. And how much "should" it cost to have all this either done for me or just painted for me??? Also can I have a link to some of your interior car pics??

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Crispy, my paint goddess, i just wnated to make sure, anyways i already ripped them off nice and easy thanks for the help anyways. Sorry for asking dumb questions, i answer them all day i figure i cna ask one or 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts