New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally was going to get my struts and springs installed at a shop, but after I heard around the 400 dollar price range, I quickly thought to plan B.
Does anybody have a write up on how to remove the stock strut and spring and replace both? Thank you!

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
hate to be the [censored] to say it but ;cough; search ;cough;

but here is a nice link to CEG where there appears to be a nice howto click away...
but really if you have some tools an afternoon (maybe a friend to bring you a fresh beer ever time you need one) and maybe a little technical ability and you should be able to knock this out right quick... I think the time i dropped mine took about 3 hours... and now have to do ti again to get my new struts installed hopefully be able to do it in about 2 this next time...

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did search, I only found information on GC's and it didn't tell me anything about springs. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
552 Posts
mercurycougar,

I was reading your post even though its kind of an old post, but my question is Do you know a site that sells Strut mounts ?? I check online but the only one I could find is from Customcougars.com Others want to sell the whole assembly unit Struts, Mounts, and springs. Also the dealer is too expensive. I've tried local auto parts stores and no1 has them for an 01 Cougar ZN 2dr 2.5l v6 AT. Any help would be appreshiated.

-CoRDiTe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.