New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....like I said I am 99% sure my wiper motor is on its way out, the "one click swipe" is no longer working on its own with out holding the switch down and the intermittent settings are becoming weak accompanied with a rather loud "whirring" noise from that region. I searched and found people with similar problems but no hints on where the motor might be located (I'm guessing underneath the wiper cowl???) But uhhh yeah guys I don't really ask for much around here or [censored] and moan so help a cougar brother out!!! haha...I found the part from ford parts online for 141 which seems to be the cheapest for a NEW part.

thanks for any insight and know-how,
Brandon

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
well you just need to remove the plastic cowl and wipers. the bottom of the wiper has a spring loaded cap which you will need to flip up in order to remove the wipers.

you will need torx screw bits and a simple socket set. you should change your cabin air filter while your at it.

For this project i removed my hood also just so it wouldnt fall over while i worked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so very much...I am forever indebted...haha well maybe not forever but the info is always appreciated...and I've found that if you don't act like @ss on these boards you can be treated with respect...if only the noobs would learn haha just kidding. now I just have to scrap together some loot and get that part on that way....and yes my cabin air filter could DEFINETELY use a replacement good reminder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.