New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no you don't have to remove the entire console.... just pry up the plastic trim around the cup holder... once that is up you can see a few bolts unscrew those and you can take the spiller right out...

G

·
no you don't have to remove the entire console.... just pry up the plastic trim around the cup holder... once that is up you can see a few bolts unscrew those and you can take the spiller right out...
Couldn't have said it better myself.. Mod Queen.. :)

I took mine off a few weeks ago, and threw it in a big sink of hot water and let it sit.. I had to get all the dried Root Beer that spilled all over it and had dried and was keeping it in the locked (and tipped) position after it spilled again..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude...

just buy the 2001 console with armrest.... stop being a cheapie Merc... ;) how can you deal without havin an armrest?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Shouldn't be drinking anything in a cougar!!!! lol I just put a in dash equalizer in the cup spiller.. I mean cup holder.. haha

G

·
I know Chris.. but I spent my money on other things.. (like my bumper and fenders. :biggrin:).. you'd probably be mad if I said in 1 week I will have ST200 Struts huh??) :)

I will eventually get the new console.. it's cheap..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn you STEVE! :mad:

it is my birthday in less than 2 weeks.... perhaps you could ship me the bumper or the struts and I can love you again... heh

G

·
how funny....."cup spiller" couldnt have said it better myself......i hung a tight corner fairly quick and next thing i know im wearing my beer....and i know of atleast 2 times my gal spilled her diet coke.....she no longer is allowed to use my cup spiller!! FYI...my cougar also has the arm rest and cup spiller.
p.s. i did learn i can hang as many lefts as i want and by habit now i hang on to the drink on right turns.

G

·
WHAT WERE THOSE SHMO'S THINKING AT FORD MOTOR CO. "GEE RALPH LETS PUT THIS P.O.S. CUPHOLDER IN THE COUGAR FROM THOSE FOREIGN JOBBIES" THAT'LL TEACH US TO BUY AMERICAN HUH. OH WELL, WE LOVE OUR CATS. ITS FUNNY THAT I ALSO STOPPED ALLOWING MY GIRL TO HAVE DRINKS IN THE CAT. DAMN POP IS HARSH ON LEATHER.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ask around on this board in the For Sale Section or if your desparate go to your local L/M dealer and pay the big bucks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here is the link to the thread with that information. I am planning on getting one shortly.

Link

1 - 15 of 15 Posts