New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so I just took my tools and went at it. You can change the bulbs without taking **** apart, but in order to remove your whole fog, you've got to take off the skid plate. Underneath, you will see 5-6 10mm bolts, and then there are two more by the wheel (it's easier to unbolt the two bolts holding in that plastic plate, so you can get to the bolts easier). The skid plate just slides out then. The foglight is then super accessible - one bolt towards the outside hold it in, and plastic clips attach it to the grill. I never knew that my foglights' lense was made of glass, you learn something new every day!

Keli

G

·
Yeah...that's what I did too. Got sick of reading in the manual, "You should take your car to the dealer as the fog light housings are difficult to reach." or something to that effect. Difficult *my ass*. It was a piece of cake, and like you said, once that skid plate comes off they're super accessable. Did you replace your stock bulbs with highs?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Anyone know of a good replacement bulb for the 01-02 fogs? I wanna put hyper-blue bulbs all around, but the fogs are holdin me up.

G

·
Originally posted by: Ferg
Anyone know of a good replacement bulb for the 01-02 fogs? I wanna put hyper-blue bulbs all around, but the fogs are holdin me up.
Well, as you can see - 9005's will fit in the 01-02 foglight housing. You'll just need to shave down one of the tabs on the 9005s to make it fit. Basically, just compare the new bulb to the H10 that came out, and whichever tab on the 9005 doesn't match the H10 - that's the one that's got to go! Metal file works like a charm...just don't file onto the bulb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.