New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any methods which will get the tack up to 6800 RPM's on an ATX Cougar? I'm trying to push my car to it's limits but it always switches gears at 6200 RPM's. Thanks in advance for all the help!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I've redlined mine twice now on accident...........just trow it into 1 and forgot you did that then slam on the gas!!!! DOne that twice now and hasn't damaged anythign but I imagein it could so be careful!

(*I don't reccomend this*)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
I've redlined mine twice now on accident...........just trow it into 1 and forgot you did that then slam on the gas!!!! DOne that twice now and hasn't damaged anythign but I imagein it could so be careful!

(*I don't reccomend this*)
Man, I'm glad I'm not forgetful.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My car shifts right before redline also. I have no mods on my car. You may need to get your transmission to recalibrate its shift pattern. To do this just disconnect the battery for a minute or so. For the next IIRC 100 miles it will learn your driving style, and reprogram itself.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
seously unhook the batter for about 5 min to be safe and the cpu will reprogram the shif patterns?
It adjusts itself according to how you drive, so disconnecting the battery cable will erase it's memory. A lot of members do this from time to time anyway.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
holy crap thats cool..........so it will improve your prefomance to yuor driving? SWEET..........ganna unhook it today!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts