New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Visteon kit and I was wondering what preparations need to be done before painting. Do you just do a series of coats with a primer and sand it smooth and then paint? Any help or "tricks of the trade" would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
make sure its as smooth as possible and that any scratches are sanded out! you won't believe how much they show when its painted.

Mike

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
GL on getting no orange peel.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bits and peices from everywhere... Puck Puck has the sides. I don't know where you will find the front. I didn't want the rears.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Visteon has no rear valence. Good thing you didn't want it. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the sloping down in the front look so I didn't want any rears... I didn't know they didn't have rears for the Visteon kit though. I guess it was a good thing I didn't want them huh? :biggrin:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, on the front valence, If I paint it and then move it while putting it on the car, won't the paint chip and stuff?

There has to be something out there that has a step-by step instructions on how to go about this the right way. I have so many things to do this Spring, I don't want to spend my time trying to get this paint job right... Nor do I want to pay the ridiculous amounts I have been quoted to have these painted by a shop!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
painting is a bit more difficult that just a howto. odds are most people opt to get it painted than to do it themselves. touchups most do i think.. but something with a bit more coverage should prolly be left to the pros. If youre getting the front painted it shouldn't be that much at all either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.