New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are interested in putting strobe lights in a 99 Cougar I have found a good way on how too. Now I put them in the headlight put all of the wiring I had a friend do. If you notice, their is a very little plastic covering in your headlight on the casing. Well, take the headlight out of the car and pop open the back casing. If you know how to take off the cover tha will be even better. Slide, the little light through the opening.If you can not get the casing off like I couldn't, the little plastic peice will be left in the headlight. For it only falls through. Then do all the necessary wiring and everything. Not sure on how he did all that...Electrical idiot I am. They look great and I would have pics but no digi cam and car is going to be in the body shop to get fixed anyways.The funny thing was that after my accident all of my aftermarket lights worked, strobes, front grill neon and everything. The rest of my underbody neons got messed up before the accident. Just thought I'd try help out.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
And if you have a 2001/2002 set of headlights....

You can drill down from the top of the headlight into the half-circle cut-out, and insert the strobe light that way... it hits the metallic surface of the headlight assembly, and looks great. I'll try to post some movies (because pics just won't cut it :))

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So... let me get this strait, u put them in the little hole, were that little clear round thing is towards the top of the inside headlight ???? .... Cuz thats were i put mine... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup....pretty much all their is too it. Took me an a buddy about 1hr to do it. HEHE Didn't know where to put em. Couldn't drain in anywhere and when we drained in the corner of the headlight, we got nowere. So that's the best spot for em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts