New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has tried this themselves. I'm thinking about recovering my seats in custom colors. I'm currently doing my door panels and want them to match my seats. My plan is to remove the fabrique from the seat first. Then cut out the center parts of the seat and replace them in a red fabrique. I am hoping I can use the oem fabrique as a template for the new cloth. I plan on doing it to all my seats.

I have a couple specific questions if anyone can answer them:

How hard is the fabrique to take off the seat?
Is the fabrique glued to the cusions?
Is the oem fabrique molded to fit the seats?
Will flat unmolded cloth fit correctly on the seats?
What kind of stiching and thread are used on the seats? (I'm guessing it is not normal thread) I plan on using a standard home sewing machine to do this.

Thanks for all your help.

Hopefully the seatman can help me out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
how are you doing the door panels?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well for the door panels I used the how to in the faqs section. I don't have a drill at the moment so I used a soldering iron to melt the plastic rivets. It was pretty simple, but takes time when you are being careful. To reglue the panel back on I plan on using a glue gun instead of screws. I think it should hold as good as oem. I plan on getting material that will match the laser red color of my car. I haven't started searching yet, but there are plenty of fabrique shops around my house.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Yeah I would ask seatman......

Let me know how this turns out, and if possible make a How-To.... Sunni had redid all my interior, and when I swapped out for my leather she wanted to try to use my old cloths to see if she could recover them in some way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.