New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you get the retun style fuel rail to work with the nonreturn stly motor , i wanna keep the 3.0 heads and intakes and all , i just want my return fuel rail to work ,,,the injecter holes dont line up so ya cant make the old one fit you have to make the non return a return ,,,,,,,,,,,how do you do it?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
i believe puckpuck has accomplised that, but I'm not sure.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
sorry not me... i took a 3.0L returnless rail, and made it work with my returnless fuel system....

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
sorry not me... i took a 3.0L returnless rail, and made it work with my returnless fuel system....

Sorry, I knew you had to do some voodoo magic to your fuel rail, but I couldn't remember what

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
couldnt i just cap off the return side and just run the returnless style? only thing i can think of happening is it flooding with the 24's ,if i use the 17's it would have less of this problem? from what i understand and read , the returnstyle send the unused fuel back to the tank and recycles basically , so if i capped it off it would just either stay ther ein the rail till it was pushed out , or push it out too much and flood it ,i wanna keep the whole 3.0 swap seeing i dont wanna port the heads and all the [censored] to make the 2.5 uim and lim to fit , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,also i have read that somone made a plate to adapt the 2.5 uim and lim to the 3.0 heads ,seeing the injecters are in differant spots ,so where or how do i ge or make one of those if its possible? i have the steel and the plasma cutter.....................

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
You have to add a return line (SS braided) on to the back of the returnless line and route it back out to the factory return line. The FPR goes at that connection as well.

Search contour.org for pictures. Get it professionally brazed!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Now, couldn't he just use the 2.5L LIM(Fuel Rail and Injectors also), and UIM with the 3L heads, but just not have optimal air flow. I know some performance would be lost, but it would function and run properly wouldn't it?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Or send your 3.0 head's oval ports machined out and the injector position modified in order to accept the 2.5L LIM, UIM and fuel rail. This would ultimately be the best choice as it also has potental for the best HP & TQ. I believe you can have it done for $350 or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.