New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latley i have been getting a whole bunch of emails and private messages about the climate control knobs i made for my 2000 cougar. People have been asking me how to make them, if i am making them and selling. I have told a few that i would be writing a how to and i just got around to it now so here it is (please read the whole 5 steps first it might not be writen clearly) I might end up producing these myself in september depending if people want me to make them for them or if they can do it themselves.

[it's easier than painting your dash]

Whole process should take about 1 hour 20 mins for each knob. If you have any questions feel free to PM me....it might take me awhile to respond tho....

Step 1
- go to Ford auto parts online

order 3 of these (front gille emblems)

View Picture 11

Step 2
- after they arrive you will need to carefully drill into the back of them (making sure the top of the cougar head is the top and you go straight down) until you make a slit the same size as your stock climate contol knobs.

View Picture 21

Step 3
- next you will need to sand the top of your stock knob until it is almost flat, mae sure you don't sand away the center where the knob attaches to the actual switch

Step 4
- put emblem on stock knob with super glue, some added side support may be needed (clay works great here)

View Picture 31 and 41
Step 5
- put new emblem/knobs back on

View Climate Control Knobs

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
The first time I saw this I thought it was sweet, but I still haven't figured out how you actually turn the knobs?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Oh they stick out a little bit. My bad for sounding so dumb:stupid:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.