New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just ordered my Injen Intake System this week, and was wondering if the instructions that come with it are straightforward, or are the better ways to install it. I did a search, but didn't find any "How To's" on it. I should have the intake by this weekend, and just wanted to get a head start to see if I need additional instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Reincry

·
Registered
917 Posts
Personally I felt some of the parts were too tight of a fit. I went and got slightly larger clamps that I could easily put on and tighten as I needed. Also you may need to cut some of the hoses especially the larger one so the airflow doesn't get pinched. Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
The "instructions" that come with the Injen intake are just a few pics of someone putting it on. It should be intuitive and straightforward to install... you should not have a problem.

A couple pointers... the large rubber tubes are TIGHT. I soaked them in hot water and stretched them out manually before attempting to put them on. Also, the longest tube was 2" or 3" to long and I ended up cutting it to fit. Before you close the hood, make sure the filter doesn't hit the hood. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get there.

Hope this helps...

-Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I am just trying to get a heads up on what to expect. If there is anything else, please, by all means share! Slockin, thanks for the description of the instructions. I think I should do just fine.

Reincry

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
i have a howto... look down in this forum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still couldn't find your how to exigent. I looked in the how to's. Do you have the link?

Reincry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts