New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fordman and Ricanbomb helped me install my ram air kit this weekend. Weapon-r's directions were not helpful, oh wait, silly me there were none. So I decided to make a list of what we had to do. (pics on their way)

1. Take off the splash gaurd underneath the front end.
2. Remove the plastic air guide that used to channel air from the fender area
(we had to remove the battery and loosen the fuse box to get at the screw
closest to the front).
3. You will notice a space not quite big enough for the tubing between the plastic wheel well
and the frame. Take a hacksaw blade and cut the metal toward the fender. Bend it back to
enlarge the space. Put tape on the sharp edge to keep from cutting the tubing.(It is still a really
tight fit but the tube will fit now)
4. Run the tubing through the hole were you took the plastic piece out and through the opening
you just enlarged.
5. Run the rest of the tubing along the inside of the bumper under your driverside fog light
and secure with a zip tie or two.
6. Bolt the L-brackets that came with the kit to the air funnel. Take two wood screws and secure
the funnel to the white inner bumper.
7. Attach the hose to the funnel and to the intake up top.
8. Reinstall the splash guard, tighten down the fuse box and reinstall the battery.
9. Haul ass down the road to test it out.

Note: We had to shorten the dragon intake by trimming the rubber connectors down in order to get
the tube and connector to fit on the end of the filter.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
can you put a pic up so I can see what it looks like please???

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Working on it, I gotta get fordman to send me the pics

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
plus can you PM me and tell me how much it was I'll forget to check this post lol thanks man

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts