New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my [censored] friend decided tht after we finished doing the alternator mod he was going to jack my car up again to make sure he had tightened all the bolts on the y pipe down. Now here is the problem i have two 3 ton jacks one was bad and the other is brand new, the bad one was his jack tht he claims wasent bad and tht he knows for a fact tht iam lying. i told him not to use it because i had used the bad one last week on my friends mustang and while we had the wheel off the jack dropped and the car fell , luckily i saved it. But anyway he get s the couga jacked up with the bad jack and here comes the bad part he walk s over to get the jackstands and then he goes i told ya and rite as he is going to put the jack stand under shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the jack blows out and the car drops to the floor and the jackstand being half under the car and fully extended went right up threw my radiator and whoosh nothing but red was going every where. so now two days later he has bought me a brand new radiator and i need to kno how to install it and also what kind of coolant should i use now tht all mine is flushed lol. thanks a ton in advance.

FIzZal

·
Registered
627 Posts
1. Disconnect battery negative

2. Remove radiator cap, remove lower radiator splash shield, and Drain all coolant from radiator by removing the drain plug.

3. Disconnect upper radiator hose, transmission upper cooling line, and expansion tank hose

4. Unbolt the plastic radiator fan shroud and wire it away to the side

5. Jack up the car and support the car.

6. Wire up the AC condensor (if u have one) so it doesnt fall, and unbolt it from the radiator.

7. Disconnect the lower radiator hose and the lower tramsmission cooling line. Detach the cooling lines from thier brackets.

8. Remove both radiator brackets and carefully remove the radiator.

9. Reverse to install.

10. Refill transmission fluid to proper level.

11. Refill the coolant with 50/50 mix coolant/water. Just put the coolant in the expansion tank to the MAX mark and run the engine. Add coolant as needed.

Please note that you didnt really flush your cooling system, you just partially drained it the hard way. Flushing requires a little more work. If you didnt completely flush the system, fill it with the same coolant you had in thier before. (orange DEXCOOL or did u have green stuff?), since you still have some in your engine.

Im not going into which coolant is better. you can search the formn on "coolant" or "dexcool" and decide for yourself. Im perfectly satisfied with the original orange stuff.

good luck and keep your friends jack away from my ride.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I would of [censored] slapped him after that happend...
Anyways, i think the how-to should read like this:

Originally posted by: topcat0399
1. Disconnect battery negative

2. Remove radiator cap, remove lower radiator splash shield, and Drain all coolant from radiator by having friend use a bad jack and destroy radiator.

3. Disconnect upper radiator hose, transmission upper cooling line, and expansion tank hose

4. Unbolt the plastic radiator fan shroud and wire it away to the side

5. Jack up the car and support the car with the good jack. (and keep your friend away while doing this)

6. Wire up the AC condensor (if u have one) so it doesnt fall, and unbolt it from the radiator.

7. Disconnect the lower radiator hose and the lower tramsmission cooling line. Detach the cooling lines from thier brackets.

8. Remove both radiator brackets and carefully remove the radiator. Then throw radiator at your stupid friend for making you do this in the first place.

9. Reverse to install.

10. Refill transmission fluid to proper level.

11. Refill the coolant with 50/50 mix coolant/water. Just put the coolant in the expansion tank to the MAX mark and run the engine. Add coolant as needed.

Please note that you didnt really flush your cooling system, you just partially drained it the hard way. Flushing requires a little more work. If you didnt completely flush the system, fill it with the same coolant you had in thier before. (orange DEXCOOL or did u have green stuff?), since you still have some in your engine.

Im not going into which coolant is better. you can search the formn on "coolant" or "dexcool" and decide for yourself. Im perfectly satisfied with the original orange stuff.

good luck and keep your friends jack away from my ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.