New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was just woundering if there was something I could do I have the dual borla set up and a aftermarket intake but it still could use alittle deeper of a sound.I was thinking maybe of switching my intake I have the k&n on there now is there a better one?thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hollow out your cat, or get a high flow cat, its cheap and makes a big difference

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A high flow cat sounds like a good way to me how much of a difference I know its hard to explain I need to do this mod anyway do to the egg smell I get.What high flow cats are good ???all the help is appericated....

·
Registered
972 Posts
MSDS Headers, or Bassani exhaust, trust you won't want any more rumble than that

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I would love to get the headers but I dont have the cash as of right now I would like info on the high flow cat like were to find them some url's .Also I spent a nice penny on the borla exhaust and I like my cf tips so I will most likely stick with the same exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me tell you guys how loud i like it!!!!!!!!!!! I just put my yodude on a couple of days ago and i started it up and man it was awesome, so i drove it around for about 2 days, and yesterday i went to listen to my exhaust coming out of the tips. NOTHING!!!!! I was like oh ****!! I knew it right away!!! I forgot to tighten the clamp up on the first connection from the converter, so i looked under the car and yep, it was hanging down about 2"!!! I got real lucky it didn't hit the ground and mess up the connection. But that's as loud as the car gets stock, and i still wanted it louder while it was that loud, I was like yeah when i get my headers this thing is gonna be loud as hell, people were turning their heads left and right on the base we live on. So anyway, after I put the yodude w/Flowmaster on it was alot quieter, the muffler sure tames the sound, the Borla must be pretty quiet. I think I'm going to get rid of the muffler and just connect a straight pipe connection, sounds awesome.

I'm gonna put my headers on first though just to make sure it's not going to be too loud.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yeah, I hear what your saying, but the bassani exhaust is twice as loud as the flowmaster yo-dude exhaust, and with the headers, it's way too loud for me!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
How about a yodude y-pipe?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can someone tell me where to get a high flow cat converter? Cost?
I will consider it in combination with replacing my stock resonator with a Dynomax 4" bullet.

Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.