New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed some new indiglo gauges and for some reason my needles dont work properly now... just wondering if anyone had this problem and if so how do i go about recalibrating the gauges so the needles will work properly. thanks!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
instead of doing it that way the RPM and MPH can be done much easier. Turn your car on in diagnostic mode... Which is done by holding i think the reset/unit buttom on the circle thing next to the steering wheel. Sit and let your car idle for a minute or two, and stick your RPM needle at 750. Now go driving. Set diagnostic mode (set the lcd on the MPH reading) and cruise at a desired speed, say 45. And carefully stick the needle at 45mph. If you need to do your gas gauge, just go fill up and place the gas at full, and after 15 minutes of driving around put your coolant gauge at top dead center. Seriously a 10 minute job, subtract filling up your gas and riding around town.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.