New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my passenger seat no longer slides forward nor lifts up when I pull the release lever near the headrest...has anyone else had this problem and how can I fix it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure if your problem is the same. On mine the pass seatback would tilt forward but the seat stopped sliding. I fixed it yesterday as follows:
There is a cable that runs from the bottom of the sliding mechanism up the left side (if you are sitting in the seat) hinge into the seatback. The cable runs about 6 inches into the seatback where it is anchored to a steel plate (NOT up to the hand release) which supports the seatback. The cable snapped at that point. When the backrest tilts forward the cable tightens and pulls a "release" mechanism on the bottom of the sliding tracks. Fortunately the seat cover is velcroed & zippered together at this point making exposure possible (of coarse remove seat from car). Unfortunately it does not appear that the cable mechanism is replaceable by itself. I was able to drill a hole about 1 inch below the original mounting point and mount a screw there. The screw holds an electrical connector which I crimped onto the remaining cable. Sorry, did not think to take photos before reassembling. May not last long, will try being gentle with the mechanism.

On mine with cloth upholstery, the back of the seat cover has a big zipper on the back (the ends are tucked into the bottm corners) that exposes some of the insides, did not help me much but if your problem is with the release handle this might help.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, before the release handle though, i also had the problem with the seat not sliding forward...i'll see what I can do...

·
Registered
423 Posts
I unzipped mine the other day and everything looked connected, maybe I'm just retarded, lol. I'll have to chec again when I have more time;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
i have a passange seat that's sitting in my garage
some one can have it for parts if you old seats are not working right.
only thing is it;s heavy

·
Registered
3 Posts
The plastic piece near the headrest is busted on mine (Drivers though) - would happen to have that? and how much you want?

Marinus.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The cable and pull handle are serviced together from Ford.

Part # F8RZ-63625A50-AA (Vehicles built before Aug 14, 1998)

Part # F8RZ-63625A50-AB (Vehicles built after Aug 14, 1998)

These are for 99-00 models. Mine broke as well.

How much do you wanna bet that someone on these boards will try to get Ford to start a recall???? :rofl:

G

·
i had a 280 pound 6 ft 1in little brother just plop into my passenger seat...

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRUNCH
now it just slides forward and back when ever it wants.
yeah.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.