New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that I like the stock exhaust so much that I wish to put another matching one on the other side.

But How?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Start by cutting the Y pipe. From there it's all a matter of creativity. There are loads of posts on people's dual exhaust systems on here. Would be easiest to look through them and get some ideas of what you want to do.

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
Take the car to a muffler shop and have 'em weld another tip on the other side with a pipe connecting, if you want to stick with the stock exhaust, otherwise get an aftermarket dual exhaust.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've decided that I like the stock exhaust so much that I wish to put another matching one on the other side.

But How?
you like the look of the stock exhaust or the sound of it? just take your car to a garage that does exhausts and tell them exactly what you told us on here, they know what to do

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the car to a muffler shop and have 'em weld another tip on the other side with a pipe connecting, if you want to stick with the stock exhaust, otherwise get an aftermarket dual exhaust.

Should I go out and get my own extra stock tip + connecting pipe myself or would they supply it for the same cost?

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
if you want the same exact tip you're better off going to a junkyard and hacking one off of a wrecked car and taking it to them, they will do the connecting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts