New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I went looking all over town for a Foam recondition. I was finally pointed to a motor cycle shop. I asked this woman at the desk and she tried to give me the K&N recondition stuff. I said that I didn't think that would work because it's made for cotton/paper filters. She told me to hold on and she went and got some guy from the back. I think he was a rep. from some company, I'm not sure who? He was dressed up. He said not to use the K&N.

He said to clean the Weapon R filter like this:

Take the filter and rinse it off in the sink. Make sure that you're carefully with it, because it's thin and fragile when it's wet. I rinsed it from the inside, out. So that I didn't push dirt into the filter, I pushed it out! He said let it dry and not to do anything until its completely air dried! It took mine about 24 hours.
Then he said use WD-40!!! for the oil! He said NOT to saturate it! Just spray it down to prevent it from drying out! I applied several light coats inside and out! He said that the filter does the work, not the oil! It's all clean now and seems to work fine!

All in all... IT WORKED.... IT WAS CHEEP... AND IT WAS EASY!! Just like I like it!

Disclaimer: If you do this and it screws something up, it's not my fault

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey thanks for the info man... I'm gonna go try it out.... You run into any problems at all during or after this??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might be careful applying it to the inside of the filter, maybe just the outside. I have actually used the K&N stuff on my Weapon R foam filter, basically just a real light mist of it so air still goes through, but if I understand the reasoning behing coating the filter, it is to provide a higher level of "stickiness" for lack of a better term to catch more particles going through. If you do the inside of the filter, as the air is being drawn in it might allow a "mist" of the oil or whatever you use into your intake, I don't know if this might damage the manifold or anything else. I just know its best for pure, cold air to go in and nothing else

1 - 4 of 4 Posts