New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For instructions you can follow the dash removal how to and then when you get the gauge cluster out and out of the car you will pull the face off Do NOt remove the needles the hole plastic layer that the needles set on will pull off or you can follow the instructions here click here but instead of useing the taillight repair tape I found the colored window tint works beter than the repair tape and this way is cheaper then the lcd convertion kit from cc if you have any questions let me know I will try to get some pics asap:cool:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just an FYI for all.
I bought the red kit from CC and he said to sand down the green off of the paperish piece behind the lcd itself, don't wait your time on sanding it down. All I did was just cut a piece of white(no lines) paper into the shape of the one with the green on it, worked fine.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
white paper may show the fibers in the paper. The plastic however is 100% opaque

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nope no fibers grand, came out great(still need to get on those leds you sent me though) lol;) I did still use the colored plastic supplied by CC, not sure if I left that out;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
when i got done installing the white face guages into my car. the two lcd screens don't light up at night. does anyone know what i can do. I;m waiting to install the red lcd conversion till i get this done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.