Tools Needed

* Flathead screwdriver
* 7mm socket
* 13mm LONG/deep socket
* 13mm short socket
* wrench
* New gas pedal
* Brake Pedal overlay

1) Remove dash panel beneath steering wheel. There are 4 screws, the top 2 require you to pop off the plastic covers, use a piece of material over a screw driver as you don't want to scratch everything. The 2 lower screws have washers on them, top 2 do not. Use a 7mm socket to do so.

Now you have a better view for more light, and a bit more room to work.

2) There are 3 nuts securing the gas pedal. 2 on the left behind the steering rod, one on the right. The one on the right is the pain in the ass. Do it first. On some models there is a foam material covering the hole...yuo can cut it off if you want. The Right side WILL DEFINATLY REQUIRE A LONG SOCKET. If you don't have a 13mm long socket, stop now, do not proceed, because you must have it.

3) Remove all 3 nuts. once they are removed, you can disconnect the acceleration cable. There is a rubber piece holding it in on some models, I find it easiest to put the seat all the way back and work upside down. Push it out from the back and move the wire up. Don't worry, the wire will not go into the engine bay, you can leave it hanging there.

The accelleration cable looks like this after pedal is removed....

4) tighten all the bolts back on and put the dash piece back...step back and admire...should take about 35-40min, depending how frustrated you are.

For the brake pedal, pull off the plastic piece where your foot goes, put the new one in. It takes alot of convincing. I reccomend wearing gloves as the corners can cut you.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: scottina99
Yeah...and that gas pedal is a pain in the arse!!
I have done 5 installs now and it's not that bad once you get the right bolt off. took me 5 min to put the new one on, 25 to get the old one off because I forgot how I did it easier the first few times :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.