New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Jiffy Lube changed my fuel filter the last time they changed my oil and I'm still getting the hesitation. The dealership says the problem is that the KKM True Rev Induction is allowing too much air into the engine...what kind of B.S. is that? Any other ideas what the hesitation could be. I've noticed I get alot of hesitation (intermittantly of course) when their is a half of tank of gas.

,Jer

·
Registered
88 Posts
The feul pump is possibly couasing your hesitation. Mine happens at less than a quarter tank. My hesitation usually occurs at higher RPMs. Not sure about yours

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
According to the service schedule that came with my car, the fuel filter is supposed to be changed every 30,000 miles. But I try to do all my maintenance more frequently. unfortunately, I've procrastinated with the fuel filter change (27500 miles). But I already bought it and I'll be changing it very soon.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Fuel Filter How-To (Should perform every 15,000)

all i have to say is that this is a great how to.....i finally did mine last night and it only took me about 5 mins. but i do have to say when he warns you about the pressure, he means pressure. i had the whole filter shower me when it came off......lets just say that anyone smoking within 20 and i would of looked like a roaming candle.

G

·

You couln't have posted this at a better time. I was just planning on picking up a filter this weekend and wondered where the heck it is located. Thanks

G

·

I noticed there was a comment about the fuel pressure in the system when removing the filter. I have not tackled mine as of yet however when I have worked on fuel lines on a fuel injected vehicle I have always removed the fuse that operates the fuel pump. I also believe the cougar has an emergency shut off by your left leg on the drivers. Leave the car run with no fuel pump running and you will end up draining most of the gas and also releive the pressure in the system. Once I perform this on the weekend I will post the results.

G

·

Some stupid questions (yeah, I suck):
1, Why a non-plastic container?

2, Once the filter is off, it will only drain the fuel in the filter and fuel line, not the tank right?

3, What the heck do you do with all the fuel?

4, Thanks. (that's a question, right?)

G

·

1)Gas doesn't mix well with plastic, also if you slide plastic on concrete, its possible to generate static electricity and have a spark and blow yourself up (bad)
2)Correct
3)Make a giant happy face on the ground and burn it off. Kidding, although I guess you could. You could dump it right back into your tank or in your mower or whatever.

·
Registered
275 Posts

I just read that the other day too, about 15k.

I brought it up with my uncle and he told me that he never changed it on his 94 Thunderbird. That puppy has almost 200k and runs perfect and looks show room.

I don't know, maybe he is lucky¿

1 - 20 of 51 Posts