New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a how-to on how to make the hood open forward? I have seen a White cougar (Maybe DeviousDev?) with the hood opening forward... If there isnt a how-to, does anyone make these brackets? Thanks
Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
The white car you probably saw was IntenseImage's... He never told anyone exactly how it was made, but said it required custom made brackets..

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
get some hood hinges from an 87 Buick Lesabre and use those. There are some pics of it floating a round somewhere.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
The tilt hood looks really cool. I like IntenseImage's much better!!

Does anyone one have a how to on that one?

I fear that Craig's version will hit the headlights or the bumper. What about a SAAB hinge, it slides forward then lifts up, anyone try that? Or the hinge from a mid 80's BMW, it is the same thing?

Joe

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
Although it is not my car, I will be getting that done to mine at some point... at which time I may have more hinges made to sell to fellow Cougar Guys :)... but seeing as how I have no idea when I'll ever see my car again, I can't give any time estimates as to when I'll have the hinges available :(

But I will let you know when I do :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
My question was about the process of fabricating/using a different hinge to make this work for my car.
I was obviously here because I don't want to pay for somebody to make it for me. Shouldn't something like that be posted in the "FOR SALE" section?

Not to be a jerk or anything, I just feel that in this forum we should be looking to help one another, not make a profit off each other........

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
It'll obviously cost money to make these things... that's why he's selling it for a price.. You'll need time in a machine shop, as well as the materials and skills it takes to custom fabricate a hinge... I don't think this is a make-it-yourself mod.

You'd more than likely want to buy the hinge from another car or pay someone to custom fabricate it for your specific application. StreetConcept's(Craig's) hood uses a hinge from an 87-91 buick lesabre so that it opens up like that (as posted in the link above). IntenseImage had his custom fabricated, I believe by a shop...

G

·
craig had it done to his car and he got the brackets off of an 87 buick lesabre. his hood looks really good.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I saw an old BMW today with a hood that opened forward. It was broken down on the highway, and it looked like an early to mid 80's Bimmer. Perhaps someone should check that out too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.