New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ever since my car was in the shop for a month the alarms sensitivity to vibrations is increadably low. And I know this thanks some local dumb f*cks who play their sh!t too load. I have a Viper 300 ESP System on my car and I would like to adjust the sensors on it so it doesn't go off every time these dumb a$$ drive by.

G

·
Check the owner's manual, or ask a local dealer. Typically, alarms will be pre-programmed to sensitivity with the vibration sensor. However, on the Prestige alarms (like mine) you can change the alarm setting at anytime by just arming the alarm. On my alarm, each stage setting (there is 3) has different vibration settings in case of storms, fireworks, etc. with each stage still protecting the car.

Did you install it yourself? If not, go back to the installer and have him check it out. Usually in the installation manual you can program the sensitivity using one of the 12-15 different codes that the "brain" of the alarm uses.

Peace

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I have the 500 ESP Viper, and the sensitivity is set at install, but you can use the valet switch to modify it through different menus... I would suggest only doing this during the day hours, and in a secluded space, because it's loud and annoying. If you didn't install the alarm, don't worry... the installation and reprogramming guides are on the net for free at www.viper.com.

Good luck with it.... I've done this just once, and it's a PITA, so try to make a single mod, so that you're not screwing around with it at a later date....

Viper / DEI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts