New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
are you the one that picked up my diamond plate matts at fest? if so, heres a list of all the things that WONT work (everything that i tried)

-soap and water
-Gojo and water
-Ajax scouring creme
-Flitz
-Noxon metal polish
-PB Blaster
-WD40
-Liquid Wrench

all products were used with a wash cloth and also a brillo pad (you know, green scratchy pad thing) and scrubbed for long periods of time lol. and i think there were one or 2 other polishes that i used that also didnt work. and i was running out of things to try, hence the 3 rust removers and such at the end lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Use heavy duty degreaser and then polish. That [censored] cleans EVERYTHING... I cleaned a daimond plate floor piece at my work with it and the thing had 2-3 years worth of [censored] caked on it. Make sure you wear gloves when you use it though, it eats up all the oil on your hands.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
They best way to clean them if they are Aluminum is to use a 50/50 mix of vineger and water. This mix is also good the help clean the Valve Covers and UIM that are aluminum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.