New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About how much would a new Transmission coast me . Thats with labor .. Im just lookin 4 a estimate..Also I have a 4cyl Automatic is there a way to dop in a v6 ?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
im not sure about a new transmission but i called a shop about rebuilding mine and i was quoted around $1200-1600. if i removed the tranny and took it to the shop they said around $800. and for switching a v6 into your car are talking the engine or tranny? if engine im researching the same thing cause my zetec is slow, and i dont necessarily want to do a turbo.

james

·
Registered
38 Posts
it depends on which tranny you are replacing. The CD4E is expensive as hell. You can get a rebuilt one off of ebay for about 900 dollars. It comes with a 12,000 mile 1 year warranty. I am not sure about the MTX 75 though. My gauss is you could go to a junkyard and find one of those. Just remember to replace the clutch. If you wanna do a whole powertrain swap you are better off at going with the MTX. It will be more worth your troubles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.