New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The moonroof in my 99 Cougar (dang plastic rail version!) has just decided to break on me. It is stuck part way open, and I'm not too keen on letting it stay that way. The mechanism itself seems to still be working, but the sliders in the rails are sliding to the front by themselves and not closing the moonroof.

I know that problems with the 99-00 Cougar moonroofs are common and a bit pricey to fix, but I was wondering if anyone might have at least a temporary solution to the problem (like enough to close the moonroof?).

Thanks

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The dealership basically forced my roof shut by pushing down on it, I guess they figured it was already broken so it didn't matter. Then they put red duct tape around the edges to match my paint :loser: I'm not saying you should do that, but I guess it really doesn't matter since you're going to have to replace the track system anyway.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Start pushin' it. It might help if someone is inside pushing the button to close it...just to help a little.

Is it not moving at all?? It may be the motor. But if its trying to move...then start trying your options on getting it replaced.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.