New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many peeps are starting to plan or geting ready to build a 3L.

Just seeing how many 3L's we can expect in teh future :)

Any interest in a PnP GB? Its the slow time of the year for us, we have one set to finish and were all caught up.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
i am in the middle of building mine. Ross is about to finish fixing my 8.5:1 pistons they messed up, once i have them back ill be getting my heads back from the PnP guy here in town, and ill be posting picks and flow numbers of those. hopefully ill have the engine built by next wednesday, and start fabricating the turbo kit soon thereafter

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
I am planning one, but I have a few other projects I need to finish before I actually start.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
if I can hunt down a manual tranny, I may actually start a swap relatively soon... its so nice to finally have money!

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
i am in the process of doing mine soon. I will sending my heads to BlackCoog to have him machine and weld them for you then off to you for the p&p work.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sometime soon i'm hoping, well i'm thinking november/december depending on how the money flow is. I want to start with a new tranny and 3.0, with some pnp svt parts and what not ... gotta keep doing my research.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My build looks like its finally making some progress.... I'm hoping to have it ready sometime this month. I made the mistake of taking it to a small time shop we're the car sat idle for months. Fortuntely now its in very capable hands and nearing completion.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Originally posted by: infamousHK
My build looks like its finally making some progress.... I'm hoping to have it ready sometime this month. I made the mistake of taking it to a small time shop we're the car sat idle for months. Fortuntely now its in very capable hands and nearing completion.

Sure is :banana:

PM me with your email so we can get some part lists together to make sure we have all we need now.

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
:wave: I'm doing one... Which will hopefully be brought to life in 2 weeks or so... barring any significant delays due to backorders :disgust:

But I've already got heads from you :biggrin: For everybody on the fence about this process, definitely get it done... they just look so sexy when completed :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Just finishing up my 2.5L install :cry: depending on if it starts with the first try that may give me enough confidence to try a 3.0L next year. But after spending $2200 just to do this install right, I don't know if I want to see the bill of me doing a 3.0L.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Should have mine done by next spring

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm considering it, but I need to rebuild the XR7's engine (20 years running fine, only to be brought down by a stuck thermostat-induced HG blowing, which led to rod knock................ugh....) so I can have something to drive while the swap would be going on :p

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I'm looking at doing a 3L swap possibly as soon as this winter. My current engine has 123k miles, so its due to be replaced soon.

Anyone in the PHX area with a hookup for a 3L, let me know!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Im gettin ready to do a 3.0.

Im in the process of getting all the information im going to need. I just have a couple questions i need answered and ill be ready to start

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
my 2.5 has valve tick and rod knock <happened today> , so i just ordered one form LKQ for $500 ........02 taurus 32k so i am starting mine very soon, heads to blackcoog then off to you as gmk......

·
Registered
421 Posts
Starting to check out parts for mine. Looking at an Oval-port 3L with port matched svt lim/uim, and svt cams. Probably start picking up smaller parts in the next month or so.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.