New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I got a zetec I 4 (know you asked for v6 but i figured id post anyway)
I get around 650kms with 267000kms on it

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I mean to ask, i4 or v6, sorry lol.
you get 650km per full tank?
ya, it ends up being around 28mpg, cant remember what l/100km it is, but my drive to work and back was 15 min on the highway each morning so it was maybe 30%highway driving and 70% city driving.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,819 Posts
My average for the last 4 months has been 22.6, MTX V6.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,819 Posts
For the record, I've been using a web service called MyMileMarker that tracks your fuel economy, mileage, and expenses online. It's located at My Mile Marker. Whenever you fill up, you enter the odometer reading, gallons this fillup, and price per gallon, and it sticks it into a few different graphs for you. Makes projections, all kinds of stuff. And the cool thing is, I can submit my fillup quantities with a text message using my cell phone, through Twitter, and they update my info automatically on the website. So I can do it on the spot, at the pump, and not have to remember to enter my info on the computer later - it's already done.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much gas does a full tank actually hold?

Also, what are ways to keep the consumption to a minimum (auto, v6)? (coasting after pushing the pedal... etc,)

·
Registered
538 Posts
i think our tank is 55L or so...

i get about 12L/100km... but i drive a lot in a city..

i usually accelerate moderate tillabout 65, and let it go in a 4th gear on about 15oo rpm, i have to keep pedal slightly pressed, otherwise it stays at about 1650-1700.... i duno if it is right, but that is how i do it

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think our tank is 55L or so...

i get about 12L/100km... but i drive a lot in a city..

i usually accelerate moderate tillabout 65, and let it go in a 4th gear on about 15oo rpm, i have to keep pedal slightly pressed, otherwise it stays at about 1650-1700.... i duno if it is right, but that is how i do it
whoa, we need over $50 for a full tank then lol.
So I assume you drive stick right.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i truly wish i drove stick... i have stick, of an automatic tranny.... i just played around, and just found out how my tranny behaves depending on what i do... otherwise - 1500km a week, is a lot, so need to save all gas i can...

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I get any where between 400 - 500 a tank.

I'm not 'granny' with the gas peddle either. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
hence why you NEED a good tune to account for your mods. (and when I say tune I mean dyno of course)

as for me, I get about 500kms to a tank, sometimes less, my car is a pain because of the IMRC issues I have...that should be fixed next summer though. Got the part, just need to drop it in :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts