New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The knobs come with a type of telephone type wire. Its as simple as running one end to amp, then other to where ever you want the knob. Drill a hole, flush mount into dash, or just leave it hanging under the dash..which ever way is best for you.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
hehe mine is just haging out the kick panel...not hard to run the wires though and i am sure it is pretty easy to get that piece of the dash out..must be a how to on it...drill your holes and mount them up..mine are rockford and the knob is attached to a little box thing about the size of box of rasins...you would just have to be sure there is enough room behind the panel for this..

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
here's mine, it's right by the radio.

I kind of like the idea of having it mounted inside one of the panels tho...

Mike

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
There is enough room behind the panel with the headlight switch. The knob itself has a small nut that screws onto the knob shaft, this will go on the outside of the dash, IIRC there should also be another nut for the inner side of the dash. The nut will hold it in place, but better yet use some epoxy resin to glue it on the inside so it wont spin around the shaft if it were to ever come loose.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
the hole will only be about an 1/8 of inch...not the size of the knob..only drill it bigenough to get the shaft through otherwise the little nut things wont hold it there...i hope the shaft of you dial is threaded so this will work..otherwise you will have to epoxy it in there..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.