New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard are these to put on a v6 cougar with air & do these fit perfect is there any rubbing with the hood when its closed Did you notice any gains with this on the car?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
think they all clear the hood, and they arent too hard to install from what i hear... lil tricky drilling the holes and fitting the bolts.

But all front strut bars have to be so small and not crossed, to fit under the hood, so that they do almost nothing. At least thats the general census ive heard on them. Sonza went from having one to ditching it... Mr Autocross and all. They also get in the way if you want to work on the plugs and wires and a few other things....

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,008 Posts
Mine touches the hood a little bit on the passengers side, and it will eat the EGR fitting - you can trim that down a little with a razor blade to help it to clear.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
Mine touches the hood a little bit on the passengers side, and it will eat the EGR fitting - you can trim that down a little with a razor blade to help it to clear.
Same here, it rubs just slighty on the passenger side. It was really easy to install. Just place it where you want it on the strut towers, mark you holes and drill.

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyer
Same here, it rubs just slightly on the passenger side. It was really easy to install. Just place it where you want it on the strut towers, mark you holes and drill.
Yep, I think I would have to agree with the both of you. I actually cut down the EGR boot and took a a round file and filed down the strut bar a little for extra clearance. I think I need to invest in some solid roll resistors.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,008 Posts
Originally posted by: jrak123
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyer
Same here, it rubs just slightly on the passenger side. It was really easy to install. Just place it where you want it on the strut towers, mark you holes and drill.
Yep, I think I would have to agree with the both of you. I actually cut down the EGR boot and took a a round file and filed down the strut bar a little for extra clearance. I think I need to invest in some solid roll resistors.
I used a vacuum boot from a Vulcan V6 (I got a handful free from a junkyard), which is a good quarter of an inch shorter than the Duratec one, and I have no clearance issues now. I also have a front motor mount insert...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.