New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
even though mine came with a support bracket its still rubbing against the metal of the car... and has rubbed off about a 1" x 1/8" strip of paint

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just went back through the box that the filter came in and I found the braket. I was able to unscrew a screw from the KKM but I was not able to unscrew the screw to the support brace of the stock air box. For right now it is just sitting there, but I will get that damn screw off ... just wait and see.

Thanks for your help on this my stupid mistake.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Mine rubs too. The support bracket has to be bent and shaped to fit the filter. Anyway, I just left mine and let it scratch all the freakin paint it wants to. I might just place the filter on top of my amp wire and let it support it.

I

·
0 Posts
I put put a thin piece of foam with adhesive backing under where my KKM rubs at. No more paint being removed, but a square black piece of 1/8" foam is a little ugly.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I took the support bracket and drilled a hole at the top of the bracket about 1/4 inch down from the existing hole... this keeps the filter from rubbing the underside of the hood and from bouncing around..

The chrome tip of the filter is pointed down a little bit, but it looks pretty good.

Jim

K

·
0 Posts
last time i talked to k&n, they said they didnt make air filters for the v6 models. do they now? if so, would you recommend i go with them or just get the kkm?

---
slilly me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
K&N makes a cone that you can use, but they don't have a kit for the Cougar. If you want to spend the extra $40 or so for the K&N cone on top of the $100 for the KKM you can. But I mis typed the subject, it should have said KKM not KKN

1 - 14 of 14 Posts