New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've managed to misplace my Ford CD and was hoping that someone who has done this already could put to gether a nice little "how0to".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i dont know exactly the process but i do know it involves a coat hanger, a 3/8 size drill, a large ball-peen hammer, and a piece of fine grit sandpaper.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
take off upper intake manifold.... using quick disconnect tool disconnect the fuel rail, (or go the ghetto way, releive fuel by using scharader valve, then undo 2 7mm screws).... unbolt fuel rail, remove fuel rail, pull out injectors, reverse process to put new ones in.

remember to repressurize fuel rail when done by putting key in on, then off then on a few times before trying to start, also if going with bigger injectors you should also upgrade the maf to one calibrated for the injectors.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Quickest and cleanest way to relieve fuel pressure is to find the fuel pump fuse and pull it, then try to start the car. The car will turn and turn and turn, but will not start. Do this twice at a max of 5 seconds each time (not good for the starter/battery/alternator). This will relieve all fuel pressure in the rail. Now follow pucks advice ... I find this easier than the schrader valve because fuel in the rail will leak (spray) when pressure if relieved through the schrader valve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. 2 questions.

1) What is a quick-disconnect tool?
2) Anything need to be torqued to spec other than the UIM?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
all bolts should be re-torqued to spec

if you don't know what a quick disconnect tool is then you don't have one, but you can still remove the rail by undoing the 2 7mm bolts next to the fuel pressure regulator

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help guys. As I said, I can't find my damn Ford CD, so do you know what the specs are for those bolts?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
put them on tight hand tight then turn them in 1/4-1/2 turn... the specs are in/lbs not ft/lbs so it is very low and unless you have a high precision torque wrench you'll never match specs....

just remember to start from the inside and work your way out in a staggered fashion when tightening the bolts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts