New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to paint my valve covers but I heard that I would have to reseal them if I were to take them off, and I have no idea how that would be done. Does anyone have a how to?

G

·
If your remove them to paint them they do need to be resealed which is done buy purchasing a valve gover gasket set for your car. It is not that hard to do and you just need some high temp paint. If you want to get really fancy have them powder coated. It looks good and lasts forever and the heat won't bother it at all.

G

·
<< about how much are the gaskets? >>

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but it can't be that much. I will try to remember to look it up at work tomorrow. I did try Autozone and Carparts.com and they say nothing is avalable yet, but that doesn't mean that you can't get it. I will try the suupplier that we deal with at work and see what they say. I know we can get it as we have been doing head jobs on mystiques and contours. If you're in a hurry to find a price call your dealer. It can't be that bad, but keep in mind a dealer always gets more money.

Okay. So I went back and looked a little hard and according to the source they are supposed to be a whopping 11.06 list price and 9.35 sale price. And all this came from Fordpartsonline.com.
Fordpartsonline.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts