New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, how do you remove completely the back side walls and front door panels so i can swap out my factory speakers? I have almost got the back side walls off, but it seems to be catching on the floor boards still, almost like i have to remove the rear seats.

Any information would be great, i dont want to bust anything up trying to do this.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
for the front speakers you have to completely remove the door panels... you do that by removing all the little door jam screws - I think 3 on the outer part and 2 on the inner jam.. then pry up your ***** head or flat gray piece on the foor handle.. under it is a screw... then remove that one pop off the lower plastic caps and remove those screws as well...nex pry up your windows and lock controls, disconnect them.. once that is complete you just lift off the complete door panel....

Can't help you on the rear speakers... sorry

·
Registered
33 Posts
I haven't done it yet personally, but here is the info I got from another NECO member

FRONT SPEAKERS
Yes, you must remove the door panels to get to the speakers. There are
several screws around the perimeter of the door panel. Also, there is a
screw hidden behind the Cougar head logo. Just carefully pry the logo
button off of the door handle.

REAR SPEAKERS
There are three screws. Two at the front of the panel behind a small
plastic cover that looks like a hand-hold to get into the back seat. The
third is at the rear near where the rear seats latch into place. The rest
is just a matter of popping the panel loose from the friction clamps. The
rear speakers are 5x7 and are held in with four screws.

·
Registered
729 Posts
On the rear speakers..... there is a little clip behind the pass and driver seat on the side that looks like it could come out.. it does and there r 2 screws there... then it all just popps out.. i think there might be a couple screws near the trunk.. but u will see those after u get started pulling then pannel off.... its been awhile since i done this i forgot exactly where all then screws r........... sorriesss.. i tried to help a lil..... :)

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
If the depth is fine..you can fit 6x8 speakers in the rear, or 6x9 with a little work. My probe had 5x7 stock in the rear...I replaced them with 6x9 MB Quart 2-way speakers. Well worth it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Crutchfield says we have 6x8's in the front and back.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not all cats have 6x8 speakers all the way around you would need to have the premium
sound system, if you don't have this then you have the 5x7s. so you would have to remove the panels anyway so you can find out if you have the 6x8 or 5x7 so I sould say good luck
laters

1 - 8 of 8 Posts