New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! What i really need to know is what diamater tube should i get where and how long. I'd just leave in the stock MAF and put on a K&N filter. So i just need to know that info as well as any hardware i would need. Thanx!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i also am wanting to know what diameter pipe to use to make a custom intake. using my stock MAF, stock TB. i will upgrade the TB and the MAF and injectors.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
bumpty bump bump

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
ok check on the piping, what about the flange to the throttle body and to the MAF or can you use the rubber coupling, i don't really know but I want to also what kind of tubing, what material to use for the piping. Also on the INJEN/AEM short ram has tits on them for the hoses for the vacum lines??? i am not sure. can they be rerouted or welded on the piping. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ok first, you should check on contour.org for a used bat inlet pipe or cta inlet pipe...
these are good replacement units...I used the svt accordian tube which is larger than stock.
If you want to make your own, buy some 3inch or larger piping from home depot/hardware store and add some "nipples"
to it for the hoses/vacuum lines, but can be time consuming since you will have to drill in plastic nipples and make sure they are the right size, etc.

Then buy a K&n RC-4630 or similair sized cone filter...40 bucks will get a very large filter.
Lastly, you will need a maf adapter if your using the stock maf...spmotorsports.com sells them, duratecperformance.com,
etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.