New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have locked my keys in the Cougar and the battery is dead ... if anyone knows of a way of breaking into the Cougar without power, please PM me ASAP!!!!

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: FastCougar
the battery is dead!!!!
Hey wade!

:wiggle:

·
8,627 Posts
I know for certain that Trevor is already familiar with the breaking glass method of Cougar/Contour entry. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by: skater
I know for certain that Trevor is already familiar with the breaking glass method of Cougar/Contour entry. :biggrin:
No thank you! I have the wife calling locksmiths for quotes right now. I'm going to try and follow some PM advice first concerning the lever/pull behind the handle. Thanks everyone!!!

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: wadespencer99
Hi Ty!!

(there is a lever under the door handle)

:wiggle:

edit: Or, you could even open the handle, but I'm not if the handle will open if it's locked...I'd assume it would.
Yes..I concede to your mediocre criminalistic abilities..

I thought about the handle thing after..:tongue:

·
Administrator
11,707 Posts
With a dead battery the hanger through the window to hit the unlock button is useless. A slimjim is also out of the question due to how the locking cable operates.

Did your's come with a sunroof? I mean, it's gonna break anyway so it might as well be by you.

·
Registered
746 Posts
pick the lock to the trunk I mean most of us, use the fob anyways so if you mess up the lock your ok, and crawl your way through?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Attach a battery charger to the Alternator out put? and ground the other to the chassis.... get out the coat hanger.....

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
ok, your going to need one stick of bubble gum, 2 paper clips, a piece of aluminum foil and toothbrush.... oh wait... this isnt mcgiever... sorrrrry lol

Im very good at breaking into a coug with power... delivering pizza i had a bad habit of locking myself out... glad i learned, b/c i dont have a stock antenna anymore to do it with lol

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The car is at my sister-in-laws house so I don't know exactly what is going on. I do know that I couldn't find the key and I need to get into the car to get my Torsen diff to send to Terry Haines to have fitted to my transmission. I couldn't find the key and could swear that I left it with the in-laws when I dropped off the car in case they needed it. So, I called her and asked if she could look for it. A few hours later, I hear from her that it's in the ignition and the doors are locked. After further questions, she only checked the passenger's side door, so there might be hope!

Besides, how do you lock the key in the car with electronic door locks and a dead battery??? I will find out in a few hours when I go over there ;)

·
Administrator
11,707 Posts
Originally posted by: FastCougar
TBesides, how do you lock the key in the car with electronic door locks and a dead battery??? I will find out in a few hours when I go over there ;)
Easy, your pass. side is already locked and whomever got out inadvertently manually locked it. Or, keys were left in the Acc. position and a light was left on (or door/trunk wasn't shut tight, thus interior light), car was locked and batt. died.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Battery was DOA and only had 1.36 volts when tested BEFORE dropping it off nearly 2 months ago ... I highly doubt the doors where locked electronically.

I got a call back from a locksmith who quoted me $50 to "break in" and only $30 if I give him the VIN number to cut a new key ... if the driver's side door is indeed locked, I'm paying $30 for a new key since I only have one anyway ;)

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Originally posted by: sidkid
police will open locked doors for free. as long as the car is in your name.
Negative ghostrider... most states have instructed their officers to stop this... apparently its an easy way to steal a persons things if not whole care, specially if you know them and can tell the cop who's name is on the registration in the glove box... :shrug:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.