New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still trying to figure out how the hell a motor mount breaks on a two and a half year old car.

This is what is on my readout when I got my car back.

Found broken motor mount. R&R air filter box assy and replaced mount assy. 6068A insulator - engine rear support - replace

My car started shaking the moment I drove my car off the lot two days before when it was there for recall work. It would be extremly strange to have a motor mount just break the moment I leave the shop. Is there anyway they could have screwed it up when it was there for the recall?

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Not unless the tech was a total BOOB ... the rear MM is completely out of the way for just about any work other than droping the front subframe. Wear and tear will cause these to brake, ecspecially if you drive it hard. Wheel hop is a big contributor to this, as the stock mounts have a lot of flex and actually cause most of the hop. This hoping action stresses the bolts and mounting eyes to the point of fracturing.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, well then it was just a coincidence(sp)?

The tech told me that I "abuse" my car, so I went on a five minute tirade and told him to kiss a bunch of things and to go "engage in sexual intercourse with" himself.

I guess I better cut down on my speed shifting.

G

·
Did you ever think that maybe the tech guys took it out for a spin and........

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I had my car at the dealer for that same recal and some other goodie. Around the end of the day I decided to drop by the dealer to see how my car was doing. I get out of my rental (focus) and right away I can hear my ***** growling, and she was pissed. So I look around and I see 2 sales guys in MY car. At first I thought that they were just testing it to make sure that everything was ok and then they took off like if they were driving an F1 car. I was soooooooo pissed. I waited 20 minutes for them to come back, and when they returned they were faced with a REALY PISSED manager, dealership owner, and myself.

I haven't seen them since
and now I have free oil changes until my warrenty ends and the best service a dealership can give
. They still give me some heat for my mods but its not as bad as before.

So maybe someone at the dealership took your ***** for a drive and did not know that wheel hop can cause serious damage.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
wow that's a pretty good story.... i would be pissed too and i would of seen to it that thoses salespeople are severly punished... but i bet you did

G

·
I made sure that they would pay for taking my car for a joy ride. I didn't think they would get fired but I guess that's what they deserved.

The best part was seeing their faces when they got our of my car and saw the 3 of us looking at them with smoke coming our of our ears

G

·
well.. .i broke the left front motor/tranny mount ...taking a turn.... after the turn i just kept hearing a clunk.. and figure out the the tranny was shaking against the frame.. *shrug* .dealer fixed it no probs...i think i scared them when i walked in and ploped the mount on the service managers desk..

kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.